Monday, November 2, 2009

Lies Perpetrated on the Internet

I recently got an email, forwarded from another person, I'm sure which was intended JUST to make people mad at OBAMA. (He has certainly pissed me off with things he HAS DONE - I do not need LIES to push me too). I don't blame the sender; I'm sure she thought the person she got it from thought it was legitimate.

The email contained a bunch of pictures of what claimed to be a new COOK COUNTY JAIL, which was supposed to have been pushed through by then Sen. Obama. Some of this seems to be pushed by the comments HERE -

When it is really THIS -

A Jail in LEOBEN, AUSTRIA --- NOT the USA !
(I don't take all the honors for finding this TRUTH; I also followed others' trail of facts)


It is STUPID stuff like this clogging up our email boxes that can perpetuate lies and hate. Remember the emails circulated 10 years ago touting a free vacation at Disney World if you forwarded the email and then after several 10's or 100's of thousands it would automatically notify Microsoft and ALL the people would get tickets? I had a friend (former colleague whom should have known better) send that to me, saying "it couldn't hurt" to try it. I differ - I think spreading crap like this hurts because so many are not able to THINK clearly enough to figure out what is true and false.

I urge people to USE the INTERNET to VERIFY stuff before you pass it along. You will stop spreading lies and hate. And maybe start thinking for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment